Saturday, May 24, 2008

Slow Morning in LibraryLand

Nearly 1/2 hour at my cubicle, and it seems like I'm alone here. LibraryLand is where all rules outside, and inside, of itself are not necessarily true to the spirit or the letter. Clocks in LibraryLand never synchronize. Today I alone front my department, and somewhat enjoy the quiet before the storm -- 10am the flood-gates open and the internet parade begins. Rarely does the public patiently wait an our doorsteps to ask a reference question.

I'm not awake enough to appreciate the opportunity to use this quiet time productively, as least for far as composition and comprehension are concerned, and I move on to another task, still exercising my mind but my body too. What could that be? My top two are weeding, and shelfreading. Deep knee bends, lifting shifting weights...something kinetic.

No comments: